This amazing roasted quinoa salad with spiced apples, carrots, and red onions comes to us from the Tasting Table. This dish has deep, oven-roasted flavors along with a spice mix that will get your taste buds popping. Try out this quinoa salad for guests who eat gluten-free or as a quick main dish during the week.
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 medium carrots–peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced on a bias into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium apple–halved, cored and sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- Zest of ½ lemon plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Get the complete directions for the recipe here. Just a short 30 minutes after you start cooking this recipe you’ll have a beautiful main dish that begs to be eaten by vegans and omnivores alike!