This is a great way to get your teens involved in giving back! Create an account, join or make a team at DoSomething.org.
Teens care about their community, causes and the world that will soon be their oyster, even if they feign nonchalance around you. According to DoSomething.org, 85% of teens in the United States say they want to volunteer, but only 35% actually do. The number one reason they don’t volunteer? No on asked them to. DoSomething.org is making that excuse a think of the past.
Who We Are
We love teens. They are creative, active, wired…and frustrated that our world is so messed up. DoSomething.org harnesses that awesome energy and unleashes it on causes teens care about. Almost every week, we launch a new national campaign. The call to action is always something that has a real impact and doesn’t require money, an adult, or a car. With a goal of 5 million active members by 2015, DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the US for teens and social change. Join us.
- Believe in young people. Young people have the power to lead. We don’t require old people!
- Trust young people. We provide reliable, easy-to-access information and activation strategies, but young people decide for themselves what to do.
- Celebrate young people. We think all measurable contributions from young people are valuable.
- Respect young people. We understand that young people have diverse abilities and constraints.
- Value young people. Our programs and products are free. We’re not after young people’s money; we want their passion, time, and creative.